The Complete Playa Del Carmen Information Resource
…Written By a REAL Person Who Lives Here…
I knew, from the moment that I arrived in Playa Del Carmen…There was something different about this city.
It had both character and class. Most cities in Mexico don’t.
I started taking photographs.
I couldn’t stop.
There were so many amazing things to see and do.
Absolutely unbelievable. I was completely blown away!
This website was born out of a deep lust to explore this city and share all that I have learned with you.
I’m not a travel agent. Nor do I work for a travel agency. I wasn’t paid to write the information you will find in these pages.
I’m a real person with a real life here in Playa Del Carmen.
- Playa Del Carmen’s mouth watering food – and the best restaurants that you can visit to thoroughly enjoy it. This includes a Mexican food glossary so that you sound like you know what you’re talking about in the restaurants you visit.
- The best activities, beaches, and nightlife in this city and my recommendations of some of the best bars and nightclubs of Playa Del Carmen. You can even learn about getting a tattoo if you’re so inclined.
- Practical safety tips, the weather, tipping in Mexico (never more than 10%!), helpful Spanish travel phrases, etc…
- My choice of the best hotels & resorts – and even a page written for budget hotels if you want to save your money for activities here.
- Getting married in Playa Del Carmen–with a list of many romantic things to do here. Who is the best wedding planner, wedding photographer, etc. in this city..
- Last but not least, thousands of photos that will help you get a feel for Playa Del Carmen’s general atmosphere and offerings. You can even submit your own pictures and stories about your visit here.
If you want to get really excited about your trip here, I strongly suggest that you watch the video below.
Of all the Playa Del Carmen videos floating around YouTube, it is by far my favorite.
I’ve probably watched the video a hundred times myself as I was planning for my move here. It is professionally made, captures the essence of this city, and will likely answer some of the questions that you have about your vacation.
Moreover, it’s just fun!
Finding Playa Del Carmen On a Map
Playa Del Carmen is close to Cancun and easily accessible via the Cancun International Airport.
There are flights here from every major hub in the US/Canada/Europe, so getting here without too much time at airports is usually not a problem.
LOCATION OF PLAYA DEL CARMEN
Here is a map of the area so that you know EXACTLY where Playa Del Carmen is.
Don’t forget to move the map around and zoom in and out to get a closer look at the area.
All is accurate with the map except that filthy iguana that refuses to get off my map marker.
“Get the hell off my marker you bug-eyed billygoat!”
Navigating this site
I have tried to make this site as easy to navigate as possible.
The menu near the top provides access to the most important pages.
I can still remember the day that I started investigating this city.
The first thing that I looked for was images that captured the general atmosphere of the city.
Next, I wanted to find information about the most popular activities here – not only information, but photographs of those activities as well.
Although there were many pictures of Playa Del Carmen out there, there didn’t exist one single site that satisfied my curiosity.pictures of Playa Del Carmen!
PLEASE NOTE: Most of the pictures on this website are enlargeable. Try clicking on any of the photographs in this column to see what I mean.
I tried to make them large enough so that you could see the detail, but I also had to keep them at a reasonable size to accommodate all of the various browser resolutions and screen sizes that exist today.
I hope you enjoy them, and as importantly, I hope you share some of your own photos as well!
Explore this site, but more importantly – COME AND EXPLORE THIS CITY!!!
The best way to experience the city is to come and visit it yourself.
I can remember walking the beaches for the first time.
It wasn’t so long ago that I was a tourist strolling along Fifth Avenue looking for souvenirs.
Since that time, I’ve fallen in love with Playa Del Carmen.
With a touch of history, baby blue waters that splash along white sand beaches, and a nightlife that is extraordinary but not overwhelming, you simply can’t go wrong.
Like me, you may not want to leave at the end of your vacation!!!
I hope to see you soon, and I hope Playa Del Carmen has the same effect on you as it did me!
Lots of love…